Saturday, August 4, 2018

Seneschal Letter - Autumn 2018


Greetings to the Barony,

Summer is slowing heading into Fall, which is one of our busier times of the year. Soon we will have Village Faire, Lady of the Lakes, and the holidays.

First, I’d like to encourage anyone who enjoys art and learning to take full advantage of Village Faire. The staff have some great things planned for the event and I’m personally looking forward to it.

Second, if you’re not planning to attend Martinmas Moot this year, consider attending Lady of the Lakes. It’s a great opportunity to meet people, hang out with your barony, and learn new things. If you’re interested, please talk to Thyri.

As always, I want to express how thankful I am that our barony is filled with so many people willing to volunteer. Rarely do I find that we don’t have enough hands; often the problem is finding enough things for everyone to do, which isn’t a bad problem to have.

As you all know, youth activities and background checks have been an active interest of mine. We now have multiple people background checked in both of the cantons and in the barony. As of the end of June, it’s my understanding that we have more people background checked then the rest of the kingdom combined. Thank you for supporting this effort.

If you haven’t had a chance to get background checked and are interested in it, please let me know and I’ll help you get copies of the proper forms.

HL David Archer
The Head Cat Herder


No comments:

Post a Comment