Saturday, August 4, 2018

Chronicler Letter - Autumn 2018


Salvete, amicis!

This is the last time you will hear from me, at least as your Baronial Chronicler. As of Village Faire, I will be stepping into the role of Baronial Arts and Sciences Officer, while Lady Ursula Blackpool will be taking over as Chronicler.

I ask that you do your best to make her job as easy as possible. Create content. Write letters, write articles, write stories. Report on the happenings around you. It is not only the officers of the Barony who can contribute to the Revelry and the blog. We want to hear from you.

Most importantly, turn your submissions in before the deadline. This is something that has been a struggle throughout my entire tenure, and sadly, it has not improved. With the move to a quarterly, rather than monthly, newsletter, there is no reason to wait until the last possible moment or to send things in after the deadline has closed. It is not fair to the Chroniclers, and it substantially increases our workload.  I leave it to Lady Ursula to set her deadlines where she wants, but I beg you to do better with hers than was done with mine.

Thank you to everyone who has helped support my tenure in this office. I hope to have left the office a little better than it was given to me, and I hope that I have made improvements for the good of Darkwater. I love you all.

Yours in service, 
Honesta Domina Calpurnia Fortunata
MKA: JP Holcomb
chronicler@baronyofdarkwater.org


No comments:

Post a Comment